48 large (2 to 2-1/2-inch diameter) button mushrooms (about 2-3/4 lb.), stems removed
1. Preheat standard oven to 375°F. Line full sheet pan with foil; set aside.
2. Cook bacon in large skillet on medium heat until brown and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels; crumble; set aside. Reserve 1/4 cup plus 2 tsp. of the bacon fat (adding olive oil if necessary to equal that amount).
3. Cook onion in 2 tsp. of the bacon fat in medium skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Remove from skillet to bowl; cool. Stir in bacon, spinach, feta, cream cheese, and crushed red pepper.
4. Toss mushrooms with reserved 1/4 cup bacon fat to coat.
5. Place mushrooms, rounded side up, in single layer on prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Turn mushrooms over. Blot any moisture from cavity with paper towels. Spoon 1 heaping tsp. filling into each mushroom cavity.
6. Bake mushrooms 15 to 20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and stuffing is golden brown. Plate 3 mushrooms per serving.
TIP: Filled mushrooms can be prepared 1 day ahead. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Let come to room temperature before baking.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 125; Total Fat 10g;
Saturated Fat 4g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 21mg; Sodium 226mg;
Total Carbohydrate 4g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Total Sugars 2g; Protein 5g