1. Cook bacon in large saucepan on medium heat until brown and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels; set aside. Reserve drippings in pan.
2. Sauté yellow onion in dripping 8 to 10 minutes or until very tender. Stir in water, ham hock, lentils, 1/4 cup of the parsley and 2 tsp. of the thyme. Bring to boil on medium heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes or until lentils are tender.
3. Remove ham hock to work surface. Drain lentil mixture; place in large bowl. Cut ham from bone; dice. Add ham to bowl; cool.
4. Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in small bowl to blend. Stir into lentils and ham. Add celery, red onion, bacon, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, and remaining 2 tsp. thyme. Toss to combine.
5. Serve at room temperature.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 400; Total Fat 19g;
Saturated Fat 3g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 11mg; Sodium 471mg;
Total Carbohydrate 39g; Dietary Fiber 10g; Total Sugars 2g; Protein 19g