1. Cook bacon in medium skillet on medium heat until brown and crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve bacon drippings in skillet. Sauté garlic in drippings 1 minute. Stir in rice, coating evenly.
2. Meanwhile, bring broth in a small saucepan to a boil on high heat; reduce heat to medium-low. Keep broth at a simmer.
3. Stir 1/4 cup hot broth into rice mixture, stirring constantly, until absorbed. Continue until all broth is added, about 20 minutes.
4. Stir in asparagus. Cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cheese and butter.
5. Divide evenly between 2 plates and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 391; Total Fat 23g; Saturated Fat 10g;