1. Preheat convection oven to 350°F. Line half sheet pan with foil. Place rack in center of pan. Lay bacon slices on rack.
2. Sprinkle 1 Tbsp. of the maple sugar evenly over bacon. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until sugar is melted.
3. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp. sugar over same side of bacon. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until bacon is deep brown and glazed. Remove from oven.
4. Preheat salamander. Broil bacon 1 minute or until sugar on top bubbles thickly, watching closely to prevent burning. Cool bacon completely on rack. Cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
5. Bring maple syrup and cinnamon sticks in deep medium-sized saucepan to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and reduced to 1/2 to 2/3 cup.
6. Remove and discard cinnamon sticks. Stir in pecans, bacon, ginger and lemon juice.
7. Scoop ice cream into dessert dishes. Top with sauce and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 405; Total Fat 23g; Saturated Fat 8g; Tran Fat 0; Cholesterol 42mg; Sodium 219mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g; Dietary Fiber 1g; Total Sugars 41g; Protein 5g
Open-Faced Dessert Sandwich Application: - Place ice cream on graham crackers. Top with sauce.