1 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp. fresh grated ginger root
2-3 cups of large diced pineapple
3 green or red bell peppers, large diced
1 red onion, large diced
12 strips of bacon
3 in. heavy-duty tooth picks
1. Heat orange juice in small saucepan with ginger and reduce juice by 1/3.
2. Let sauce cool, and pour sauce over pieces of diced pineapple and peppers.
3. In a saute' pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil, saute' peppers, onion and pineapple over medium high heat until half cooked (about 1-2 minutes). Cool all ingredients and set aside.
4. Cook bacon in the oven until bacon is cooked but not crisp. (This will make the bacon easier to place on the kebob).
5. Assemble ingredients on a tooth pick starting with the end of a bacon strip, pineapple, pepper, fold bacon back onto tooth pick, add onion, pepper, fold bacon again so the end of the bacon strip is on the tooth pick.
6. Chill until ready to serve.
7. To serve, heat kebobs on a greased cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes or heat on a grill until meat crisps and vegetables and pineapple are hot-serve.