1. Sauté drumsticks in oil in large saucepot on medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until brown on all sides. Remove drumsticks; set aside.
2. Add bacon to pot; stir 1 minute. Stir in potatoes, onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook on medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add 12 cups of the broth. Return drumsticks to pot. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, uncovered, about 45 minutes or until drumsticks and vegetables are very tender.
4. Remove drumsticks; cool. Cut meat into bite-size pieces; set aside. Discard skin, bones and tendons.
5. Puree chowder, in batches, in food processor until smooth. Return to saucepot. Add diced turkey. Thin chowder to desired consistency with additional broth, if too thick.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 677; Total Fat 35g;
Saturated Fat 11g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 174mg; Sodium 507mg;
Total Carbohydrate 28g; Dietary Fiber 4g; Total Sugars 6g; Protein 62g