Heirloom Tomatoes with Pepperoni, Blue Cheese and Basil
6 slices crusty white bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/4 cup olive oil, divided
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. minced fresh garlic
1-1/2 pounds chopped heirloom tomatoes
4 oz. sliced quartered pepperoni
1/4 cup basil chiffonade
1/4 cup chopped fresh chervil
2 Tbsp. chopped shallots
1 oz. crumbled Blue cheese
1. Preheat standard oven to 400°F. Toss bread cubes with 1 Tbsp. of the olive oil. Place on parchment paper-lined full sheet pan. Bake 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and crisp. Cool in pan on wire rack.
2. Meanwhile, whisk remaining 3 Tbsp. oil with vinegar and garlic until blended; set aside.
3. Combine tomatoes, pepperoni, basil, chervil and shallots. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. To serve, combine tomato mixture with toasted bread. Toss gently with oil mixture. Sprinkle with Blue cheese.
5. Divide evenly between 4 plates and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 537; Total Fat 32g; Saturated Fat 8g;