1-1/2 lb. Polish sausage links, cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces
18 oz. canned tomato sauce
8 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
2 oz. thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente; drain. Place pasta in ice bath.
2. Cook asparagus, peas, peppers and garlic in oil in large sauté pan on medium-high heat 3 minutes.
3. Stir in sausage. Cook an additional 3 minutes.
4. Stir in tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes.
5. Drain pasta. Stir into sauce. Heat through.
6. Divide pasta mixture evenly among 8 plates. Garnish each with Parmesan cheese and basil before serving.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 711; Total Fat 40g; Saturated Fat 14g; Trans Fat 0; Cholesterol 96mg; Sodium 1429mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g; Dietary Fiber 3g; Total Sugars 5g; Protein 27g