1 medium eggplant, cut into 8 slices (each 1/4 inch thick)
1 medium zucchini, cut into 8 slices (each 1/4 inch thick)
1 red bell pepper, seeded, quartered
4 ciabatta rolls, horizontally cut in half, toasted
1 lb. dry cured sausage
1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
8 large fresh basil leaves
1. Preheat standard oven to 350°F. Coat full sheet pan with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Whisk vinegar, oil, salt and pepper in a bowl; set aside.
3. Place eggplant, zucchini and red pepper in single layer in prepared pan. Brush both sides of vegetables with 2 Tbsp. of the vinegar mixture. Spray vegetables with cooking spray. Place in salamander or broiler, 7 to 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes. Spray again with cooking spray and continue cooking until crisp-tender. Remove from broiler; set aside.
4. Lightly spread remaining 1 Tbsp. of the vinegar mixture on cut surfaces of rolls.
5. Heat sausage in salamander or broiler 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Cut sausage horizontally in half, then into 8 equal pieces.
6. Divide vegetables, cheese, basil and sausage on bottom half of rolls. Cover with top of rolls. Spray both sides of rolls with cooking spray.
7. Place sandwiches on half sheet pan coated with cooking spray. Place a second half sheet pan over sandwiches. Place a large can of vegetables OR heavy skillet in top sheet pan. Bake sandwiches 8 to 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 615; Total Fat 41g; Saturated Fat 17g;