8 French rolls (each 6 to 8 inches long), horizontally cut in half
16 slices (1/2 oz. each) thinly sliced aged Provolone cheese
1 Fresno chile or red jalapeño, seeded, thinly sliced
1. For White Bean Puree, cook beans, garlic and red pepper flakes in 4 Tbsp. of the oil in medium skillet on medium heat, 4 minutes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Puree mixture in a food processor, using remaining 2 Tbsp. of oil, if necessary, to thin. Set aside.
2. For Sandwiches, boil broccoli rabe in large saucepan in water to cover 3 minutes; drain. Cool slightly; chop.
3. Cook lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes and broccoli rabe in oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 minutes.
4. Heat sausage in salamander or broiler 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
5. Spread cut surfaces of rolls with White Bean Puree. Divide sausage, cheese and broccoli rabe mixture over bottom of rolls. Cover with top of rolls. Garnish sandwiches with a few pepper slices and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 813; Total Fat 49g; Saturated Fat 17g;