1/2 cup canned drained chopped roasted red peppers
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
20 sheets phyllo dough, cut lengthwise into 3-inch-wide strips, strips stacked between 2 sheets of wax paper, covered with dampened kitchen towel
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat standard oven to 350°F.
2. Sauté mushrooms and onions in oil in large skillet on medium heat 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in sausage, cheese, bread crumbs, peppers, eggs, parsley and spices.
3. Place 1 heaping tsp. filling near 1 corner of a strip of phyllo, on the end nearest you. Fold corner of dough over filling to enclose and form a triangle. Continue folding dough, maintaining triangle shape, until all dough is folded.
4. Repeat process with remaining filling and phyllo dough.
5. Brush the triangles with melted butter and place on full sheet pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutritional information per 1 piece: Calories 70; Total Fat 5g; Saturated Fat 2g;