2 oz. hard Italian salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, casing removed, crumbled
7 cups water
1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
1. Preheat standard oven to 400°F. Spray a half steam table pan; set aside.
2. Grate enough of the Asiago cheese to measure 1/4 cup. Cut remaining cheese into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Sauté pancetta in 1 Tbsp. of the butter in skillet on medium heat 3 minutes or until golden brown. Add salami and cook 1 minute. Transfer pancetta mixture and pan drippings to bowl. Sauté sausage 6 to 8 minutes in same skillet or until cooked through, breaking up into small pieces as it cooks. Remove and drain sausage on paper towels.
4. Bring 7 cups of water to a boil in large heavy saucepan on medium heat. Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to low. Cook 18 to 20 minutes or until polenta thickens and starts to pull away from sides of pan, stirring frequently. Stir in pancetta mixture, diced Asiago cheese and remaining 2 Tbsp. butter. Transfer polenta to prepared baking dish.
5. Sprinkle sausage and grated cheese over polenta. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until polenta is set and cheese is melted.
6. Divide evenly among 8 plates and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 364; Total Fat 22g; Saturated Fat 12g;