1-1/2 cups chicken stock OR canned reduced sodium chicken broth
1 lb. large peeled deveined uncooked shrimp
1 lb. cleaned squid, bodies cut into 1/2-inch rings
1 dozen clams in shell, scrubbed
1 dozen mussels in shell, scrubbed, debearded
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
1. Preheat standard oven to 450°F.
2. Heat olive oil in large pot on medium heat. Cook bacon 5 to 6 minutes or until fat is rendered. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels; set aside. Reserve dripping in pot.
3. Cook chicken in drippings on medium heat 6 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, turning to brown all sides. Remove chicken; set aside.
4. Sauté onions and garlic in pot 8 to 10 minutes or until beginning to brown, scraping up any browned bits. Stir in rice, roasted pepper and saffron. Add clam juice and chicken stock; bring mixture to a simmer. Remove from heat.
5. Pour rice mixture into full hotel pan. Arrange chicken, shrimp, squid, clams and mussels in rice mixture. Sprinkle with chopped bacon and peas. Cover with foil.
6. Bake paella 40 to 45 minutes or until chicken pieces reach an internal temperature of 165°F, clams and mussels open and rice is tender. (Discard any clams and mussels that do not open). Let paella stand 10 minutes. Divide evenly between 4 plates. Garnish each with a lemon wedge and serve.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 906; Total Fat 34g; Saturated Fat 10g;